Department of Bio-technology
Biotechnology is an applied branch of biological science that uses the method and process for transformation of natural raw materials into useful product by the application of living organism in the laboratories as well as in the industries. The Department of Biotechnology (BT) at German University Bangladesh (GUB) under The Faculty of Engineering Sciences offers four-year Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) degree. The mission of the Biotechnology Program is to promote education and research in biotechnology and provide academic and professional excellence for immediate productivity in industrial, governmental, or clinical settings for an ultimate benefit of society and environment.
Biotechnology has already begun to change traditional industries such as food processing and fermentation. It has also given rise to the development of a whole new technology for industrial production of hormones, antibiotics and other chemicals, food and energy sources and processing of waste materials. This industry must be staffed by trained biotechnologists who not only have a sound basis of biological knowledge, but a thorough grounding in engineering methods. At GUB, the faculty of Engineering Sciences is unique in having, as members of its academic staff, teachers who have specialized in biotechnology. The degree program also places a major emphasis on practical work and on developing a wide range of analytical and manipulative skills, including pilot plant operational skills appropriate to the biotechnologist. Graduates will be in an ideal position to exploit the opportunities for biotechnology in Bangladesh, in established or developing companies.
Aims and Objectives:
The objectives of the Department of Biotechnology are:
- To prepare and train graduate as qualified skilled scientists in the field of Biotechnology.
- To develop and implement the curriculum of biotechnology program of international standards.
- To conduct applied research in basic and translational biotechnology and fosters interactions and collaboration between faculty, researchers and industry.
- To promote a supportive learning environment for life through implementing continuous learning programs.
- To apply the general principles and standards of technology transfer and ensure adequate training of our personnel in modern biotechnology.
- Health care sector and Diagnostics
- Academicians and Researcher at Universities or Institutions
- Agricultural technology
- Food Technology
- Pharmaceutical and Therapeutic industry
- Forensic Science
- Industrial and environmental Sciences
- Bioinformatics and bioethics in industry regulation
- Biosafety and biosecurity
*** Admission going on *** Admission going on ***
- B. Sc. (Hons) in Environment Protection Technology
- B.Sc. in Food Science & Engineering
- B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering
- B. Sc. Hons. in Bio-Technology
- Bachelor of Human Health (Similar to Public Health)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BSS Hons. in Sociology (Bachelor in Sociology)
- BA Hons. in Economics (Bachelor in Economics)
- BS Hons. in BPA (Bachelor in Public Administration)
- BA Hons. in English (Bachelor in English)