Department of Computer Science & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at GUB under Faculty of Engineering Science offers four-year Bachelor of Science (B. Sc.) degree program as well as two years Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) with an ambition of developing quality researcher as well as competent work force for the emerging computer as well as telecommunication world. The curriculum of the degree is prepared with the intension to groom up the students to effectively contribute in all aspects of computer science and engineering. Therefore, both the curriculum of the B. Sc. and M.Sc. in CSE program vastly focuses on:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Computer Software Engineering and Information Systems Design
- Computer Communication and Networking
- Computer Hardware Systems engineering
- Software and hardware Intelligent Systems
- Signal and Information Processing
- Fiber Optics for THz Communication
- Renewable Energy
- Microprocessor Design
- Wireless communications
- Space science and technology*
- Satellite communication*
The above competencies require a solid foundation of basic sciences such as mathematics, statistics, physics, and chemistry. Therefore, the curriculum contains sufficient courses on these areas. The curriculum also makes provision for gathering hands on experience in research and development through final year Thesis/Project course or getting exposure to the real life focused above industry through Internship course. Moreover, the curriculum has the provision for a student to develop focused expertise in his/her field of interest by choosing one or more elective courses.
The CSE Department has a strong inclination towards research and development. Highly qualified Faculty members both from Germany and Bangladesh are undertaking research projects and publishing research papers in high quality international journals and conferences. In these research endeavors, students are also participating under capable guidance of the faculty members and publishing good quality research papers.
The CSE Department is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories to give practical training on the subjects taught. The department is currently using Electrical Circuit Laboratory, Digital Electronics Laboratory, Computer Networking and Hardware Laboratory, and Computer programming Laboratory.
The department is trying to bridge the gap between the academia and the related industry by sending interns to these industries and arranging seminars and workshops conducted by the experts from both academia and the industry.
*** Admission going on *** Admission going on ***
- B. Sc. Engg. in Environment Protection Technology
- B.Sc. Engg. in Food Science & Technology
- B.Sc. Engg. in Computer Science & Engineering
- B. Sc. Hons. in Bio-Technology
- B.Sc. Hons. in Human Health (Similar to Public Health)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BSS Hons. in Sociology (Bachelor in Sociology)
- BA Hons. in Economics (Bachelor in Economics)
- BS Hons. in BPA (Bachelor in Public Administration)
- BA Hons. in English (Bachelor in English)